REHABILITATION & CROSS-CUTTING ISSUES
- The rehabilitation service is intended to support women with visual impairment and their children who were brought from street with psycho social problems depressions and harsh poverty.
Rehabilitation work unit has four major sub work units:
Temporary Rehabilitative Shelter:
- Together! strives to creates a safe and rehabilitative shelter for women with visual impairment and their children to live in a peaceful and harmonize environment. Together! as it has been doing so far has provided further training on life skill, hygiene food preparation reproductive health and other related issues to strengthen their cap ability.
Drop in Center:
- Together!’s Drop in Center supports children of visually impaired parents by providing nutritious food, informal education, creative class, child counselling and storytelling from Monday to Friday. Playing In- Door and Out Door Games are part of the services given to the Drop In Center Children.
- Together! with its scholarship program focused on mainly assisting visually impaired individuals and their families who are attending their class under economic constraints, vulnerable situations and in urgent need of holistic assistance and Income Generating Activities (IGA) the scholarship that is a one-time investment to embark on self-initiated and sustainable income-generation activities and small business.
- The outreach program is the Sub Project of Rehabilitation which began in 2016. It is designed to undertake in the place where needy visually impaired people who are living in the community and beneficiaries of Together! as well as other disabled beneficiaries who live in the community by participating in coffee ceremony to share experience with the sighted community about the ability and challenges of visually impaired people.